Color Day

Color+Day

Katie Raggazino

The 67th Color Day will not be one to forget! The day started out with amazing senior speeches given by Mercedes Maldonado, Cecilia Burg, Sydney Coxe, David Swavely, Rachael Dewees, Samuel Bumgarner, Lily Guerrette, and Christopher Roskos. Every speaker had a lot of great things to say about the little things, but the two speeches that really stood out to the students were given by Sydney Coxe and David Swavely.

Now the fun begins, as Color Day events kick off with relay races that give the seniors the first points of the day with the win against the juniors in the finals. Next event was tire pull where Avery Gleason and Elijah Zayas pulled juniors to the finals where they would go against sophomore Paige Petersen and senior Dom Demeno.

After our thrilling morning events the school splits up to do seniors v. juniors and sophomores v. freshmen to compete in more events, lunch, and live music and talent. Wrapping up the first round of events place standings were announced, freshmen in fourth, juniors in third, sophomores in second, and seniors in first.

Wrapping up the finals by coming back to tire pull, Avery Gleason and Elijah Zayas won both the girls and boys in the finals. Finally ending the day’s events was everyone’s favorite tug-a-war. We started with the juniors v. the freshmen and the juniors made it to the finals for both boys and girls. Then it was the seniors v. the sophomores where the seniors also won both boys and girls to face the juniors in the finals. The seniors inevitably took home the first place points for both boys and girls tug-a-war. 

Finally it’s time to announce the final placings and crown a class the winner of the 67th Color Day. Freshmen got fourth, but let everyone know they still have three more years. To the sophomores surprise they got a shocking third place despite how confident they were that they would place over the juniors this year. Now everyone got ready for the winner to be announced, with 256.5 points the juniors were declared the 67th Color Day winners!  

Junior class president Nduati said this about the junior class, “With a class like ‘24, who could want more?” Freshman Lacey Hess talked about her first Color Day, “It was fun, but getting everything ready was very last minute and felt rushed.”

Color Day was a great way to end our first semester. Now the big question is will ‘24 hold their title and come back next year for another win or will an underclassman class get lucky?