Is Halloween Cancelled This Year?
December 1, 2020
Halloween is on everyone’s mind now that the month of October hit, but is Halloween even happening this year? Some states have already said that kids will not be allowed to go trick-or-treating this year. Luckily for us Pennsylvania is not one of them. Trick or treating starts around 6pm so be ready for monsters, witches, and creatures of all kinds to be knocking on your door. However the CDC has published some guidelines for Halloween to make it safer for everyone. Here are the CDC tips for trick or treating during COVID-19.
- Avoid trick or treating in large groups, only go with your household
- Wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose
- Keep your distance from other groups when going from house to house
- Use hand sanitizer frequently while trick or treating, and wash your hands when you get home
A lot of parents are debating on whether or not to let their kids go out on Halloween. “ I’m still thinking what the safest way to still let my kids have fun on Halloween” says Lisa Futchko.
“I’m ready to dress up in my pirate outfit!” Bella Tucci mentioned.
If you need fun indoor activities to do here are some ideas!
- Watch halloween movies with your family
- Crave pumpkins
- Have your own trick or treat ( use everyone bedroom door and pretend that is someone house, and go from bedroom to bedroom)
- Have a costume party with your family. Best costume wins!