Leave a Comment
Things to do While in Quarantine
April 15, 2020
During this COVID-19 outbreak, we’re all stuck in the house. It can get boring just sitting in your house. Here are ten things you can do while in quarantine.
- Watch a movie you weren’t sure you wanted to watch. Sometimes, you see a movie and you don’t know if you’ll like it or not. Since we’re all stuck inside, now is a perfect time to watch a movie. Xfinity is releasing movies that are in theaters, on-demand. Now, you can watch new movies in your own home.
- Paint, draw or write something. Many people enjoy one of these things. Whether it’s writing a short story or painting a landscape, you now have plenty of time to do that. Maybe you were too busy before to ever try painting or drawing, but now is a good time to try. It doesn’t matter how talented you are. It’s a way to pass time and entertain yourself.
- Learn how to do something. There has to be something you’ve always wanted to learn how to do. It could be braiding hair or doing makeup. There’s most likely a tutorial on YouTube for whatever you’re learning. If there’s not, call a friend and maybe they can help. With all this time on your hands, hopefully, you can obtain a new skill.
- Clean your room and throw away old stuff. This probably sounds boring, but it can actually be fun. Put on some music and just go through old stuff. You could find something you lost or maybe you can get rid of some things. If you want, you can reorganize and redecorate your room. It’s a fun and productive way to pass the time.
- Binge-watch a TV show. Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, or another streaming service have many different shows and movies to watch. If you get bored and have nothing else to do, start watching a new show. Netflix has a new show called Tiger King, which I would recommend watching. You have plenty of time to finish it and Netflix even has a way you can watch with your friends. Netflix Party is a way to stream the same movie with all of your friends. You can add up to 500,000 people, so invite all your friends.
- Dye your hair. Since you’re in the house, only your family can see you. If you have always wanted to dye your hair black, dye it black! No one will be able to see it, so if you don’t like it, it won’t be a problem.
- Cook. There are many recipes you can find on YouTube or different websites. Try making something for your family and see if they like it.
- Play a board game. You probably have a bunch of board games just sitting in your house that you never play. Spend some time with your family and play a couple of board games. You could create a fake tournament and see what family member wins.
- Listen to new music. Even though artists aren’t releasing new music right now, you can start listening to an artist you don’t normally listen to. Some people are having virtual concerts for fans. John Legend, Niall Horan, Chris Martin, and other artists are doing live videos on Instagram. They perform some of their music and just talk to fans. Keep an eye out for some of your favorite artists doing virtual concerts.
- Learn a new dance. By now, I’m sure you’ve heard of the app TikTok. If you have nothing to do, try learning a dance from TikTok. People create new dances every day on the app. Some of them are challenging and some are pretty easy. It’s another fun to pass time while you are stuck in the house.
There are many things you can do while in quarantine and I hope this list gave you a couple of ideas. Remember that everyone is in this together and people are probably just as bored as you. By staying inside, you are saving peoples lives. Try some of the things I listed if you get bored and stay safe.